Like fashion trends, Search Engine Optimization goes through ‘seasonal’ changes too. Every now and then the algorithms change and this results in different frameworks for business owners. These frameworks consist of all the activities and even thought processes that must change to make their SEO successful. So what does 2016 have in store?
Here is taking a look at the top 3 rules that you simply must abide by if you want to have a robust and effective Search Engine Optimization strategy in place.
Think of content as the only way in which you can be influential in your industry. Why should a customer choose your products and brand over your competitor’s? Once you have defined this, you need to work very hard at offering this information to a customer. Also, there is no need to make it all about selling yourself.
Your content should therefore be:
- Tailored according to your target audience.
- Created with lots of variety and support video, original images, voice search and so on.
- Composed of longer articles that are not stuffed mindlessly with keywords.
- Aimed at your social media presence too.
- Written with clear headings which could help you get into Google’s Rich Answer Box right at the top of search engine results too.
2. Responsive web design
This may, at first glance, not seem directly connected to Search Engine Optimization but this has to be a huge aspect of your strategy for 2016. Making your website mobile friendly means that you have captured the attention of people who use their mobile devices to access websites and information online.
According to one study, 80% of internet users own a smartphone and they will use this smartphone to access all kinds of content. If your website is not mobile friendly then you are going to lose out on this huge market.
In fact by making your website responsive you can:
- Enhance user engagement.
- Tap into app store optimization which is surely going to be the next big component of Search Engine Optimization.
- Develop your own apps that will give your customers yet another way of interacting with your brand.
[Read also: Site Ranking Poorly in Google? Here’s Why]
3. Local SEO
As one of the extensions of the point above, you should also go local as far as your Search Engine Optimization strategy is concerned. One study points to the fact that 95% of smartphone users search for local information on their devices. In other words, if your business has a presence in a particular market then people should be able to head there within a short span of time.
For instance, someone searching for handmade soap is likely to add a specific location in their search query too. And if you are into this business then you should figure in the search results.
Local maps and letting Google know exactly where you are located is critical in your SEO strategy. Somebody who has found out about your location is likely to visit your store within a day and you do not want to miss out on this event.
[Image via Google Images]