Snapchat is a popular app for sharing photos and videos, but sometimes you want to keep certain Snaps private. That’s where “My Eyes Only” comes in. It’s a feature that lets you hide Snaps from prying eyes. In this guide, we’ll show you how to use “My Eyes Only” in plain and simple terms.
Here’s the step-by-step guide on how you can hide your Snaps in “My Eyes Only” on Snapchat:
Step-1: Open Snapchat
- Launch the Snapchat App: First, open the Snapchat app on your smartphone. Make sure you’re using the latest version for the best experience.
Step-2: Take a Snap
- Take a Snap: Snap a photo or record a video like you normally would. You can add stickers, filters, or captions to make it more fun.
Step-3: Save to Memories
- Save to Memories: Before sending the Snap, tap the “Save” button (it looks like a downward-pointing arrow) at the bottom left of the screen. This will save the Snap to your Memories.
Step-4: Access Memories
- Access Memories: To find your saved Snaps, swipe up from the camera screen, or tap the Memories Icon (Looks like two fanned-out cards) to access Memories.
Step-5: Send to “My Eyes Only”
- Select a Snap: Tap and hold on the Snap that you want to hide.
- Tap on the 3-Horizontal Dots Icon: In the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a Circle with 3-Horizontal Dots Icon that is labeled as “More”. Tap on it and then select “Hide Snap (My Eyes Only)”.
- “My Eyes Only” Quick Setup: If you haven’t set up “My Eyes Only” before, Snapchat will prompt you to create a passcode. Tap “Quick Setup”.
- Create and Confirm Passcode: We’ll use ‘1234’ here as passcode for the purpose of this demo. Confirm the passcode by entering it again. Click “Finish” to complete the setup.
- Important Note: When choosing your passcode, make sure it’s both memorable and secure. Snapchat won’t be able to help you recover your passcode or access the Snaps in your “My Eyes Only” if you happen to forget it.
Step-6: Snaps are Now in “My Eyes Only”
- Success! Your selected Snap is now hidden in “My Eyes Only”. You can find it by going to Memories, tapping on “My Eyes Only”, and entering your passcode.
How to Move Snaps from Memories to “My Eyes Only”?
Now that you have successfully setup My Eyes Only. Let’s try to move a Snap from Memories to “My Eyes Only”.
- Go to your Memories.
- Select a Snap that you would like to move to My Eyes Only by pressing and holding onto it.
- Tap the icon at the bottom of the screen that is labeled as “More”.
- Select “Hide Snap (My Eyes Only)”.
- Tap the “Move” button and your selected Snap will be moved to “My Eyes Only”.
How to Unhide Snaps from “My Eyes Only”?
So, you’ve hidden some Snaps in “My Eyes Only”, but now you want to retrieve and unhide them. It’s a straightforward process.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Snapchat and swipe up from the camera screen to access your Memories.
- Look for the “My Eyes Only” tab.
- Tap on “My Eyes Only”. You will be prompted to enter the passcode you set when you initially hid the Snaps.
- Once you’ve entered the correct passcode, you’ll see the Snaps you’ve hidden in “My Eyes Only”.
- To unhide a Snap, simply press and hold to select it.
- Now tap the “Eye” Icon that is labeled as “Unhide” located at the bottom of the same screen.
- The Snap is now unhidden and can be found within your Memories, just like your other Snaps.
- Change Your Passcode: If you ever need to change your passcode, you can do so in Snapchat settings.
- Use Wisely: Remember that Snaps in “My Eyes Only” are still on your device, so be cautious if you’re sharing your device with others.
- Backup Your Snaps: While “My Eyes Only” adds an extra layer of security, it’s always a good idea to regularly back up your important Snaps outside of Snapchat.
That’s it! You now know how to hide and unhide Snaps in “My Eyes Only” on Snapchat. Keep your private moments safe and enjoy sharing the fun with your friends on Snapchat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
FAQ 1: Can I change my “My Eyes Only” passcode if I forget it?
Answer: Yes, you can change your passcode if you forget it. Simply go to Snapchat settings, find the “My Eyes Only” section, and choose the option to change your passcode.
FAQ 2: Can I hide Snaps from a specific person using “My Eyes Only”?
Answer: “My Eyes Only” is designed to hide Snaps from everyone except you, the account holder. You can’t use it to hide Snaps from specific individuals.
FAQ 3: Are hidden Snaps in “My Eyes Only” stored on Snapchat’s servers?
Answer: No, Snaps hidden in “My Eyes Only” are stored locally on your device. Snapchat does not save them on their servers, enhancing privacy and security.