Android users can now track Apple’s AirTags with their devices! We’ll show you how to find and track AirTags on your Android devices using Apple’s Tracker Detect app and Google’s “Unknown Tracker Alerts.” Whether you’re merging with Android or just want privacy, we’ve got you covered. Android users can finally defend against AirTag stalking.
Track AirTags on Your Android With Apple’s Tracker Detect App
Apple’s Tracker Detect app provides a user-friendly solution for locating detached trackers, including AirTags, and even identifying if someone is attempting to track you.
Let’s delve into the step-by-step process of effectively scanning nearby AirTags on your Android device using Tracker Detect.
1. Download and Install Tracker Detect: Begin by downloading and installing the Tracker Detect app from the app store. Grant the necessary permissions to ensure a smooth user experience.
2. Enable Bluetooth: Ensure you switch on your device’s Bluetooth to facilitate the detection of AirTags in your vicinity.
3. Initiate Scanning: Activate the scanning process within the app to detect nearby devices, including AirTags. Patience is key, as this process may take some time.
4. Identify and Locate: Detected AirTags will be conveniently labeled as “Unknown AirTag.” Use the “Play Sound” feature to initiate a beeping sound on the AirTag, making it easier to locate.
5. Access Detailed Information: Tap “Learn About This Item Tracker” for comprehensive details about the AirTag, empowering you with more information.
What to Do When an Unknown AirTag is Detected by Tracker Detect?
Tracker Detect sends notifications when an unknown AirTag is detected moving with you. Learn about the significance of these notifications, differentiating between a missing tracker in lost mode and potential tracking.
If needed, manually disable an unwanted AirTag by removing its battery. This ensures that the owner can no longer track your movements.
While Tracker Detect offers a seamless experience, it may lack certain features on Android. It falls short in fundamental aspects, such as the absence of background monitoring functionality. Users have to open the app and scan for nearby trackers whenever they feel uneasy.
Track AirTags on Your Android With Google’s “Unknown Tracker Alerts”
Google’s “Unknown Tracker Alerts” automatically warns Android users about unwanted AirTags nearby via Bluetooth.
It operates automatically on Android 6.0 and above, without the need for additional app downloads or manual scanning.
When you turn on Bluetooth, your phone will generate a notification upon detecting an AirTag separated from its owner.
You can set up “Unknown Tracker Alerts” on your Android devices by following these steps:
1. Go to your phone’s Settings.
2. Next, tap on “Google,” followed by “Personal Safety”
3. On “Personal Safety,” tap on “Unknown tracker alerts.” You will then need to make sure the “Allow alerts” has been toggled on.
Again, ensure you turn on Bluetooth to allow Unknown Tracker Alerts to track any unknown AirTags and send you a notification if it detects one.
Track AirTags With Manual Scan
Google’s Unknown Tracker Alerts allows you to perform manual scans whenever you suspect there’s an unknown AirTag tracking you nearby.
Here’s how to perform a manual scan:
1. Tap on the “Scan now” button in Unknown tracker alerts.
2. Unknown Tracker Alerts operates automatically on your Android devices. However, you can perform a manual scan whenever you wish to make sure there’s no unwanted AirTags traveling with you.
What to Do When an Unknown AirTag is Detected by Unknown Tracker Alerts?
Unknown Tracker Alerts will promptly notify you by sending a notification once it detects an unknown AirTag, whether through automatic or manual scans.
Tapping on the “Apple AirTag” button will display information about the detected AirTag. Tap the “Play sound” button to activate beeping sounds on the unknown AirTag, helping you locate its exact position.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can an Android device track an AirTag?
Answer: Yes, with the help of apps like Tracker Detect and features like Google’s “Unknown Tracker Alerts,” Android users can effectively track AirTags, enhancing cross-platform compatibility and security.
Does Tracker Detect work exclusively with AirTags, or can it track other devices as well?
Answer: Tracker Detect expands its functionality beyond Apple’s AirTags by supporting other trackers compatible with the FindMyNetwork, making it versatile and not limited to AirTags.
Do older Android versions require additional steps for using Unknown Tracker Alerts?
Answer: Unknown Tracker Alerts operates automatically on Android 6.0 and above. For older versions, consider updating your device for seamless utilization.
By combining the power of Apple’s Tracker Detect and Google’s “Unknown Tracker Alerts,” you create a robust defense against unwanted AirTags. Stay proactive and take control of your Android device’s security.